Cotton clothing is as simple as it gets right? Pretty much. Washing them doesn't have to be a laborious or worrisome process. However, we know that throwing your favorite hoodie or tee into the machine with everything else can cause a little anxiety. You don't want it to shrink to oblivion or pickup dyes from other garments in the machine. Here's some basic steps to remember when washing your Victor Athletics gear...
- It is safe to put them into a washing machine. The one caveat we'll offer is you should be cautious with water temperature and agitation. We recommend cold water to avoid any issues with shrinking. If you're garment is incredibly soiled, you can try the warm setting.
- Any detergent will do, but be careful with bleach alternatives and 'color enhancement' products. We're not fans as they actually impart their own dyes designed to fool the eye into thinking the color is brighter. We prefer the natural stuff, unscented or lightly scented.
- Wash your garments with like-colored items. You probably learned this long ago, but there it is. You don't want that pair of red socks to bleed any dye into your natural colored sweatshirt.
- We recommend hanging to dry... but that's just us. Hanging something to dry (avoiding heat) is the best way to avoid shrinkage all together. It is also the most sustainable since you aren't having to run your big 'power hungry' dryer.
- If you want to put it in the dryer, that is fine too. We suggest the gentle tumble cycle with low heat. Again, want to avoid that potential excessive shrinkage. (our garments are all pre-shrunk, but that doesn't mean they won't shrink more if you push your luck with high heat).
If you have any additional questions about caring for your Victor gear, give us a holler.